July 12, 2008

It's Official

Well, I've signed up. I'm a officially enrolled as a Birthing From Within Mentor and Doula. I'm so excited! (Hey, do I get smilies on this thing? I want a really really exuberant one.)

I have been listening and listening to my heart and the universe for a long time, and I know that this is the time to follow this path. I need to learn what I will learn through this process. My prayer is that I will also be of some use to the women and families that I will (hopefully) have the honor to serve as a Mentor or a Doula (or both) as I complete the certification process.

Okay, universe - I'm ready. Bring on the birthwork!

Yikes. Did I just say that? But I'm not done my filing and I haven't made that dentist's appointment . . ..

Just kidding. A calling is when you have to do something, even if it would be easier not to. Being on call 24/7, leaving my toddler in the middle of the night, putting together a viable business . . . these would all be easier not to do. But I have to go there. And I will do it joyfully.

No comments: